Drone taxis, driverless cars, smart elevators and parking lots and trains – all were a distant future in not so far past, but now they most of them are the present – safer and better managed. All thanks to the cloud computing and advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality (VR) and more.
Of course, driverless cars are still in the test phase, but them running down the streets and highways is not so far off, I am sure.
So, if someone is going to ask you today, is cloud computing the future of computing? Without second thoughts, Yes! As compared to traditional technologies, more capabilities are now available in the cloud today, due to which, vendors and users are targeting cloud-native innovations.
The cloud first notion is no more prevalent now, in fact, it has been replaced with cloud-only as the strategy as cloud has proved to be three times more profitable for large enterprises and SMBs.
The cloud industry has expanded both in terms of the services offered and the number of industry competitors.
Wire19’s team has gathered and prioritized predictions for what’s the future scope of cloud computing in 2018 and ahead. This article gives you a sneak peek into what we see ahead for the most transformative and revolutionary technology trend of the past decade.
Why read top 7 cloud computing reports that forecast cloud computing trends 2020 and beyond?
- Technology strategic planners can use the insights to set priorities and adapt to changing market directions.
- Develop better understanding of the competitors and gain more insights to better position their business.
What are the future trends in Cloud Computing?
Key takeaways from different cloud computing predictions:
1.The cloud storage market size is expected to grow to USD 88.91 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.7% during the forecast period (2017–2022).– Markets and Markets
- Key factors driving cloud storage market are – increasing adoption of hybrid cloud storage; growing need for enterprise mobility for improved efficiency; significant growth in Internet of Things (IoT); and need for lower Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditure (OPEX).
- Primary storage solution type is expected to hold the largest market size during the forecast period and training and consulting service type, to hold the largest market share.
- This report segments the cloud storage market as per different types of solutions and services, deployment models – Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and organization size – large enterprises, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs).
- The major cloud storage providers include AWS (US), IBM (US), Microsoft (US), Google (US), HPE (US), VMware (US), Rackspace (US), and Dell EMC (US).
2. The cloud orchestration market size is expected to grow to USD 14,172.5 Million by 2021, at a CAGR of 23.4% during the forecast period – Markets and Markets
Cloud orchestration process involves optimization, automation and coordination of multiple processes to help eradicate redundant tasks, resulting in faster delivery of services. The best cloud orchestration and provisioning tools maintain and manage complete business processes with cloud- based computing solutions – dashboard composing, platform architecting, structure allotment, etc. to different user types – both large enterprises and SMEs.
- The key factors driving the cloud orchestration market include growing demand for optimum resources utilization, increasing need for self-service provisioning, and flexibility, agility, and cost-efficiency.
- This report segments the market into types of services – Cloud Service Automation, Reporting & Analytics, Training, Consulting & Integration, and Support & Maintenance, Application, Deployment Model, Organization Size, Vertical, & Region.
- Reporting and analytics service is expected to contribute the largest market share and compliance auditing segment is expected to grow at the highest rate, as per this report.
3. The cloud managed services market size is projected to grow to USD 53.78 Billion by 2022, at an expected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.6%.–Markets and Markets.
- The key factors driving the cloud managed services market include growing need of businesses to curb down operational and infrastructural costs involved in business processes.
- The managed mobility services’ segment is expected to show higher growth rate due to the growing trends in the adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
- The healthcare segment is expected to grow at a rapid rate from 2017 to 2022 in the cloud managed services’ market.
- North America is expected to hold the largest market share and dominate the cloud managed services market from 2017 to 2022, due to the presence of a large customer pool headquartered in the US.
- Cloud and IoT storage technologies global market is expected to reach $27.3 billion by 2022 and grow by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.7% through 2022– BCC Research.
- The key factor that is driving the cloud and IoT storage technologies market is growing demand for increased storage capacity from new services such as the Internet of Things and Cloud. The Internet of Things is driving demand for new storage systems placed closer to the application, either locally or at the network edge.
- Cloud services require centralized systems with, massive flexible scalability.
- Companies are increasingly turning to software-defined storage technologies to offer greater degrees of operational efficiency.
More from BCC Research: https://www.dailyhostnews.com/hyperscale-data-center-market-98-billion-2022/
5. The hybrid cloud market is estimated to grow to USD 91.74 Billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.5% during the forecast period (2017- 2021)- Markets and Markets.
- The growth of the analytics market and its inclination towards scalable and flexible cloud-based solutions provides immense opportunities to the hybrid cloud solution and service vendors, who provide advanced hybrid cloud solutions to the business organizations.
- The hybrid hosting solution is expected to have the highest market share as it combines the scalability and flexibility of virtual cloud servers with the security and performance of dedicated hosting.
- The disaster recovery solution is expected to grow at the highest CAGR while the hybrid hosting solution is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period.
- The SaaS service model is expected to grow at the highest CAGR while IaaS service model is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the hybrid cloud market.
6.The Cloud infrastructure market is expected to be worth USD 209.66 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 12.9% between 2016 and 2022. – Markets and Markets
- The key factors that are driving this market are increasing ICT spending and trend of big data and analytics; rising demand from organizations for agile, scalable, and cost-effective computing; increasing number of digital services and their applications; and high penetration of hybrid cloud.
- The cloud infrastructure market for the healthcare industry is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- This Cloud Infrastructure Marketis segmented by type-
- Hardware: Server, Storage, Switch.
- Services: Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a service, Content/Application Delivery Network, Managed Hosting, Colocation.
- End-User Industry & Geography.
7.The multi-cloud management market is expected to grow to USD 4,492.7 Millionby 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.9% during the forecast period. (2017- 2022) – Markets & Markets
- The key factors that are driving demand for multi cloud management solutions are increased awareness to avoid vendor lock-ins, increased agility and automation, and the need for high-level of governance and compliance with policies.
- Internal brokerage enablement platform is expected to have the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to increasing employee demand within organizations for having a single point of access to all the cloud services.
- Telecommunications and Information Technology – enabled Services (ITES) vertical is projected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period. It is gaining worldwide importance in the cloud service adoption, as many communication service providers are giving importance to customer experience. Click here to know about more trends in the telecommunications industry.
- APAC is projected to be the fastest-growing region in this vertical.
Closing Note: Cloud technology is the spine of the most promising future technologies that are being worked upon today. For many in the niche markets, cloud is still the technology that they may be using some form of, without understanding or realizing it. But for others, it’s so commonplace that it is nothing more than a utility service.
In order to take complete benefits from either cloud or a completely new technology, it’s important that the people research and analyze its all the aspects. Just a thought!
I will be back with more interesting updates. Don’t forget to add your comments to this article, will help me in my future posts.