Will reduce power consumption and size of renewable-energy power-supply systems, and more
TOKYO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today the launch of its LV100-type T-series insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) module for industrial uses. The LV100 package, which achieves high versatility and high current density, has been used widely in railway and electric power applications and now has been adapted for industrial uses. It is expected to help reduce the size and power loss of power converters, specifically inverters used for renewable energy applications such as photovoltaic and wind-power generation, and also high-capacity motor drives. Sales will start this September.
1) Common-outline LV100 package adapted and optimized for industrial uses
– The LV100 package, used widely in railway and electric power applications, has been adapted and optimized to help standardize packages for industrial applications.
2) Industry-leading current density for small and more power-efficient inverters
– The LV100 is equipped with the latest (7th-generation) IGBT, which uses the CSTBTTM 1 structure, and RFC (Relax Field of Cathode) diode2 for low power loss. Industry-leading3 current density of 17.14A/cm2 is realized in this high-power IGBT module by optimizing the package structure. The package will help to miniaturize power converters, such as inverters for renewable energy power sources, and high-capacity motor drives (1700V/1200A and 1200V/1200A).
1 Mitsubishi Electric’s original IGBT structure using the carrier storage effect
2 Mitsubishi Electric’s original diode that optimizes electron mobility on the cathode side
3 As of August 25, 2020 according to Mitsubishi Electric research
3) Optimized internal structure for more reliable inverter systems
– Integrating the insulated and copper-base parts in the structure, and optimizing the internal electrode structure, increases thermal cycle life and achieves the industry’s highest-class3 low-package inductance, which will contribute to equipment reliability.
For the full text, please visit: www.MitsubishiElectric.com/news/
Power Device Overseas Marketing Dept.A and Dept.B
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation