In a groundbreaking move, Microsoft has unveiled Copilot Pro, a premium subscription service aimed at power users, creators, and individuals seeking an elevated Copilot experience. This new offering introduces advanced features, enhanced AI capabilities, and broader accessibility to Copilot across various Microsoft applications. Priced at $20 per month per user, Copilot Pro promises to revolutionize the way individuals approach writing, coding, designing, researching, and learning.
Key features of Copilot Pro
- Unified AI Experience Across Devices: Copilot Pro delivers a seamless AI experience that spans devices, ensuring contextual understanding on the web, PC, apps, and soon, on mobile phones. This ensures users receive the right skills precisely when needed.
- Integration with Microsoft 365 Applications: Subscribers of Microsoft 365 Personal and Family can now access Copilot in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote on PC, Mac, and iPad, enriching their productivity and creativity.
- Priority Access to GPT-4 Turbo: Copilot Pro users enjoy priority access to the latest AI models, starting with OpenAI’s GPT-4 Turbo. This not only guarantees faster performance during peak times but also provides the flexibility to toggle between models for an optimized experience.
- Enhanced AI Image Creation: The subscription includes Image Creator from Designer, formerly known as Bing Image Creator, offering faster image creation with 100 boosts per day. Users can expect improved image quality and support for landscape image formats.
- Customized Copilot GPT: Soon, Copilot Pro subscribers will have the ability to build their own Copilot GPT using the upcoming Copilot GPT Builder. This feature allows users to tailor Copilot to specific topics with a simple set of prompts.
Copilot for Microsoft 365 is now available to all businesses
While Copilot Pro is best suited to individual users, Microsoft is extending the Copilot experience to businesses of all sizes. Copilot for Microsoft 365, previously available for enterprises, is now accessible to small businesses with Microsoft 365 Business Premium and Business Standard subscriptions. The pricing is set at $30 per person per month, with no minimum seat purchase requirement.
Additionally, Copilot for Microsoft 365 is now available for Office 365 E3 and E5 customers, removing the previous restriction of requiring a Microsoft 365 license. Commercial customers can conveniently purchase Copilot for Microsoft 365 through Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider partners.
New features in Copilot
As Microsoft broadens Copilot’s availability, it continues to enhance the free experience while introducing new features:
- Copilot GPTs: Microsoft is rolling out Copilot GPTs, allowing users to customize Copilot’s behavior on specific topics of interest. Initially launching with predefined purposes like fitness, travel, and cooking, Copilot Pro users will soon gain the ability to create their personalized Copilot GPTs using the upcoming Copilot GPT Builder.
- Copilot Mobile App: The Copilot mobile app is now available for Android and iOS, providing users with the flexibility to access Copilot on the go. The app includes features such as GPT-4 access, Dall-E 3 for image creation, and seamless integration with Copilot queries and chats across devices.
- Copilot in Microsoft 365 Mobile App: Copilot is being integrated into the Microsoft 365 mobile app for Android and iOS, offering individuals with a Microsoft account direct access to Copilot. This feature, rolling out over the next month, enables users to export created content to Word or PDF documents effortlessly.
With these latest developments, Microsoft is extending Copilot to a broader audience, ensuring there’s a Copilot experience for everyone, whether it’s for personal use, professional endeavors, or business productivity.