DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–With the objective to support relief efforts resulting from the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mary Kay Asia Pacific announced it will donate and distribute critically needed hand sanitizer in the Asia Pacific region.
“As a global COVID-19 response partner, it’s our responsibility to help where we can amid the unparalleled crisis facing the communities where we live and work,” said KK Chua, President of Mary Kay Inc.’s Asia Pacific Region. “By distributing and donating hand sanitizer in the Asia Pacific region, we stand united in our support of those on the frontlines who continue to work tirelessly to minimize the spread of this ongoing pandemic.”
The global beauty brand will distribute thousands of units of hand sanitizer in the Asia Pacific region where Mary Kay operates to support frontline workers in hospitals, elderly living at home, healthcare systems, as well as community first responders at local schools. While every market is in a different stage of the COVID-19 response effort, the donation of this critical asset will impact the continuous effort to combat the virus. In the Asia Pacific region and on a global level, Mary Kay is supporting relief efforts through multiple channels including:
- The Mary Kay China Charity Fund donated to the Amity Foundation (an independent Chinese social organization dedicated to public health, social welfare, disaster relief and other philanthropic undertakings) and made early contributions to COVID-19 relief efforts in Wuhan, China. Mary Kay China also donated nutrition, skincare and hand care products to frontline female health workers and volunteers.
- Mary Kay Malaysia donated RM 2 per order to the COVID-19 Relief Fund. To date, Mary Kay Malaysia’s ‘We Care, We Love’ initiative to donate to the COVID-19 Relief Fund has collected RM 100,000 to support local healthcare workers and those affected by the pandemic.
- Through the #BeautyBehindtheMask initiative, Mary Kay Philippines donated thousands of Mary Kay At Play product units to hospital frontline workers.
- Mary Kay Inc. donated hand sanitizer to CARE (an international humanitarian agency) to support COVID-19 response efforts in 63 developing countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East regions combating the crisis with scarce resources.
- Created with the support of the World Health Organization, Mary Kay Inc. joined the World Economic Forum’s new COVID Action Platform. The first-of-its-kind global platform aims to convene the business community for collective action, protect livelihoods, facilitate business continuity and mobilize support for the COVID-19 response. The platform also supports mechanisms for donation of hand sanitizer in regions throughout the world where essential supplies are not readily accessible.
To date, Mary Kay Inc. has contributed nearly $10 million (USD) worldwide in monetary donations, product donations and distribution support in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with its four company-sponsored foundations in Canada, Brazil, China and the United States, Mary Kay Inc. continues to take targeted action to support global, regional, and local communities COVID-19 relief efforts.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her beauty company more than 56 years ago with three goals: develop rewarding opportunities for women, offer irresistible products, and make the world a better place. That dream has blossomed into a multibillion-dollar company with millions of independent sales force members in nearly 40 countries. Mary Kay is dedicated to investing in the science behind beauty and manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, and nutritional supplements and fragrances. Mary Kay is committed to empowering women and their families by partnering with organizations from around the world, focusing on supporting cancer research, protecting survivors from domestic abuse, beautifying our communities, and encouraging children to follow their dreams. Mary Kay Ash’s original vision continues to shine—one lipstick at a time.
Mary Kay Inc. Global Corporate Communications
(+1) 972-687-5332 or email@example.com