The last decade has been very interesting for the mobile app development sector. The sheer number of mobile apps being developed and used today is phenomenal, when compared to a decade ago. We have over 5 billion people using Smartphones across the world today, and the number of people using the internet is over 4 billion – these stats alone are enough to comprehend the rapid adoption of mobile phone applications by users worldwide.
We recently interviewed Venkatesh C.R., the Managing Director and CEO of Dot Com Infoway, one of India’s premier IT services company, to learn about trends, potential and more related to app development market.
1. Let us begin with the introduction of Dot Com Infoway (DCI) and its journey so far.
Dot Com Infoway, an end-to-end IT company, is one of the early entrants in the IT sector. Established in the year 2000, DCI has come a far way from being a pure web solutions company to its present stage where we offer a full spectrum of services including IT outsourcing, web and mobile application development, digital marketing and IT infrastructure support services.
During its course of evolution, DCI has won several excellence awards and complies with the highest benchmarks in project, quality and operations. The fact that we are a CMMI Level 3 certified company positively asserts our commitment to excellence in operations and service delivery.
2. With over 18 years of experience, you are unquestionably a strong player in the mobile application development. Can you tell us how mobile application development market has evolved in the last ten years?
The last decade has been very interesting for the mobile app development sector. To begin with, the sheer number of mobile apps being developed and used today is phenomenal, when compared to a decade ago. We have over 5 billion people using Smartphones across the world today, and the number of people using the internet is over 4 billion – these stats alone are enough to comprehend the rapid adoption of mobile phone applications by users worldwide.
We have seen the dynamics of online marketing and advertising changing to focus on mobile phone-oriented advertising campaigns. Also, a lot of new technologies have emerged in the past ten years, which are helping developers create mobile apps that are swifter, smarter and effective for the users.
3. But, market is quite different from what it was a few years back and what it is now. Especially, in terms of competition. There are plenty of mobile application development companies out there, what is the one factor that differentiates you from your competitors?
Dot Com Infoway has IT skills as well as Business Consulting in its DNA. So, we don’t just create solutions for our clients based on the latest technology; we also infuse the business acumen while designing the solution.
Our ability to comprehend the business aspects related to any product or solution has helped us to beat the competition and stay relevant in this fast-evolving world of technology.
4. The market is seeing a steady growth and inclination towards Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, Blockchain, Internet of things, chatbots, augmented reality, virtual reality etc. Have you included these technologies in your portfolio or do you have some plans?
Yes, we have embraced AI, the blockchain, IoT, VR, etc. and are actively building applications and solutions based on these technologies.
5. Let us know the top five sectors where you think mobile app development has a great market potential.
We believe that all sectors and domains, whether commercial or social, stand to gain a lot through mobile applications. Having said that, I personally believe that healthcare, EdTech, fintech, m-commerce and gaming would continue to be great markets for mobile app developers.
6. What process/method do you follow for app development? Does automation play any role?
We adopt the Agile methodology to develop apps at Dot Com Infoway. We use several plug-ins and tools that automate a solution to a certain extent. Moreover, we use mainframes and other reusable inputs to maintain efficiencies for the clients.
7. Tell us about your awards and recognition. How do they help you deliver better services?
Dot Com Infoway has won many awards since the time of its inception. Most recently, we have been ranked as one of the top mobile app development companies in 2018 by ItFirms.co. We have won several awards in the digital marketing domain, too.
Awards always boost our morale and motivate us to achieve higher standards of app development and compete with more grit and determination. The awards also assert that our app development strategy and operational methodologies are on the right track.
8. Give our readers a quick insight into the top 5 app development trends to expect in 2019.
My take for the coming year:
- Machine Learning and AI would find wider usage in mobile apps
- IoT and wearables would be in demand
- Hyper-local m-commerce and social platforms would become popular
- Instant apps (you could use these apps without installing them)
- Chatbot integration in mobile apps would be on a rise
9. You are also into dedicated servers as a managed services provider. How do you think has cloud affected this service or web hosting services, in general?
Cloud has changed the hosting game for good. Today, businesses are seeking to outsource their entire IT infrastructure in an attempt to be leaner and more flexible on the IT front. Managed services providers like us find the situation quite apt as the Cloud gives us an opportunity to operate with much leaner infrastructure. Combining our physical infrastructure and the Cloud as a platform, we can now manage services for even a larger client base, that too with utmost efficiency.
Suggested reading: An interview with Manish Bhalla, CEO – FATbit Technologies
10. What’s in your roadmap for 2019?
We have been on an accelerated growth path and plan to continue it for the next year as well. Besides international market expansion drives, we are also incorporating new technologies and launching campaigns to include unexplored market segments and industries. We have also streamlined our development and execution teams to turn our offerings much faster, sharper and efficient.