Free event explains how device manufacturers can use certification schemes to bring secure IoT solutions to market
ZHUBEI CITY–(BUSINESS WIRE)–GlobalPlatform, the standard for secure digital services and devices, and Winbond will host a free-to-attend ‘IoT Security and Certification Schemes’ workshop on Tuesday, August 25 at the Sheraton Hsinchu Hotel in Zhubei City, Taiwan.
The event is organized in collaboration with partners Arm and the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI). It will provide delegates with the latest information on Secure Component technologies, and the security evaluation methodologies specifically designed to support IoT device makers and certification bodies to establish their own device security certification schemes.
“With predictions of more than 75.4 billion connected devices by 2025, and cybersecurity threats rising in parallel, we will explore the value of security evaluation and certification in enabling trustworthy solutions to be deployed across key verticals implementing the IoT. We look forward to welcoming delegates to Zhubei City, Taiwan,” comments Kevin Gillick, GlobalPlatform Executive Director.
Delegates will learn about advancements in Secure Element (SE) and Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) technologies, receive information on regional cybersecurity standards and policies, and gain insight into how GlobalPlatform’s evaluation and certification schemes can support device makers to ensure readiness.
Confirmed sessions include:
- Challenges and opportunities of secure IoT – What’s for Taiwan – Dr. Edwin Liu, Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) President
- Build an IoT security eco-system in Taiwan and catch business opportunities with security solutions – Mr. Arthur Yu-Cheng Chiao, Winbond Chairman and CEO
- GlobalPlatform IoT Initiative – ‘IoTopia’ – Russ Gyurek, Cisco and IoTopia Committee Chair
- iSIM a leading use case of iSE – Samuel Chiang, Arm, Senior Business Development Director, IoT BU
- Application whitelisting for fixed-functionality IoT devices – Dr. Tzi-cker Chiueh, General Director and Vice President at Industrial Technology Research Institute
- GlobalPlatform Secure Element (SE) – Karl Eglof Hartel, G+D Mobile Security and SE Committee Chair
- Secure and Certified NVM for IoT – Nir Tasher, Winbond Security Technology Director
- GlobalPlatform Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) – Christophe Colas, Trustonic and TEE Committee Chair
- GlobalPlatform Trusted Platform Services (TPS) – Jeremy O’Donoghue, Qualcomm and TPS Committee Chair
- IoT regulations and regulatory trends – Gil Bernabeu, GlobalPlatform Technical Director
- Platform Security Architecture (PSA) framework – Rob Coombs, Arm, Security Marketing Director
- Security Evaluation Standard for IoT Platforms (SESIP) scheme – Carlos Serratos, Brightsight, Senior Director Strategy, Policy and Advocacy
The workshop is open to everyone with an interest in IoT security and certification. Seating is limited so registration is required: https://globalplatform.org/workshop/taiwan-2020/.
GlobalPlatform is a non-profit industry association driven by approximately 80 member companies. Members share a common goal to develop GlobalPlatform’s specifications, which are today highly regarded as the international standard for enabling digital services and devices to be trusted and securely managed throughout their lifecycle.
+44 (0) 113 350 1922